California Fun Outdoor Youth Activities
Church Groups, School Groups & Youth Clubs
We feel it’s our job to make sure that the outdoors is easily accessible for all young people to enjoy. We work hard to make sure young people from all backgrounds get to experience, explore and connect with the natural environment as well and our cultural and historic heritage. In Coloma we have a unique opportunity to reach out and teach the younger generations about their natural environment and human history. So we encourage parents and educators to give young people an experience of a rafting and camping trip that will be sure to enrich and educate. After all they are our future generation of conservation and community leaders.
We custom design raft trips to meet the needs and budget of your church group, school group or youth club. American Whitewater Expeditions can provide your youth group with a First Class outdoor river adventure at a lower price, yet offer you more fun. Experience for yourself why our youth group rafting and school group rafting business grows each year!
- Leading youth groups whitewater rafting in California since 1980
- Rafting trips to fit any skill level or youth group
- Experienced, patient and outrageously FUN river guides
- Outstanding safety record with our hand-picked guides
- Mouth-watering meals prepared by our own camp cook
- Attentive, helpful and friendly office staff
Only American Whitewater Expeditions can provide your youth group rafting trip with all of the following:
Perfect Raft Trips for Every Youth Age Group
- Mild to Wild river trips, on the South and Middle forks of the American River.
- Minimum ages are 6 on the South Fork, 12 on the Middle Fork, and 14 on the North Fork
The nicest campground on the American River featuring:
- In-ground swimming pool near our campground. Great for off-river time and layover days. An American River Whitewater Rafting exclusive!
- Level, grass-covered campsite complete with picnic tables and fire pits.
- Fishing pond near our campground stocked with bass and trout. No fishing license required.
- Regulation volleyball court and horseshoe pits.
- Indoor restroom facilities with free hot showers, sinks, and electrical outlets.
- American Whitewater Expeditions Souvenir Store for any last-minute items you may need plus a huge assortment of T-shirts, caps and visors, waterproof cameras, sunscreen, fixings for smores and much more.
- An American Whitewater Exclusive Bonus: Our deluxe campground located only a 2-minute walk from one of the biggest rapids on the South Fork – Troublemaker Rapid. It’s a great place to sit and watch rafters and kayakers when you’re not on the river yourself. If you raft the Chili Bar Run, you will be photographed at Troublemaker Rapid. Pictures of your run are available at camp, by mail, or on their Internet site.
- Only a 5-minute walk to James Marshall State Park where gold was discovered in 1848. Guided tours are available by the park staff. Visit their photo gallery.
Quality River Gear
Newest whitewater rafting gear on the river. We use only 6 or 7 person self-bailing rafts custom-designed for our needs and replace them every three years. We also have three 8-person whitewater rafts for groups that want to be together.
Always lots of youth lifejackets available to ensure a proper fit for our younger rafters. Helmets are provided on all rivers – including the Class III South Fork of the American as we are extremely safety conscious.
Hearty Gourmet Meals
Scrumptious, hearty meals catering to your group’s food requirements, at very reasonable prices. Have one meal or ten. It’s up to you. Or cook your own meals and save. All campsites have access to water.
Our Top Notch Professional Staff
Our U.S. and international staff are comprised of seasoned river veterans who are safety-minded, possess the necessary CPR and First Aid training, and, in many cases, have Swiftwater Rescue, Wilderness EMT, or Wilderness First Responder Certifications. All are professional and fun to be with both on and off the river, and go out of their way to ensure that your whitewater rafting experience is as fun and memorable as possible. Let our guides show you why they love the rivers so much!
Discounts on Youth Group Rafting Trips and Camping Gear
Free use of 4-person dome rental tents (set up) and free use of thick foam sleeping pads.
Camping is included the night before your trip on all trips whether midweek or weekends
Prices for school group rafting trips are as low as $72.00 for a ½ day trip and vary according to trip length and river. We can customize your trip and price according to your youth groups rafting needs.
References are available from church group rafting trips, youth group rafting trips and school group rafting trips that have been with American Whitewater Expeditions for years.
Questions? Want to plan a trip? Give us a call at 800-825-3205 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Arnie will personally oversee your trip on the river to ensure you and your youth group rafting trip will be first class, fun and memorable. We hope you will join us on the river this season!
If you would like to know more but are not sure if you should ask – then check out our extensive Frequently Asked Questions section.
Have your Boy Scout Troop earn their Whitewater Merit Badges with American Whitewater Expeditions this summer!