What makes us Unique
Why have over 300,000 people chosen to raft the American River with us?
Our knowledge, expertise and experience, accumulated over 40 years of rafting the American River makes us the best choice. We offer you a high quality experience at an exceptional value. Our diverse and professional guides, the core of who we are, come from all over the world to share their stories and love of rafting with you. They are the most entertaining and highly qualified guide staff on the American River!
From the earliest days of whitewater rafting in California, we have been there! The owners have been professional guides from the very beginning and even today work on some of the toughest whitewater in the world. This is our profession and our life’s passion. It’s this unique wealth of knowledge and passion that we share with you that allows us to provide you with an unforgettable experience.
Many guests have been amazed that a rafting trip entails so much more than just going down a river. When you raft with us you know you are getting a top quality trip and the best value for your money. Our rafting equipment is top of the line, our campsites and facilities are awesome with new clean restrooms and showers, in ground pool, volleyball court and much more. A professional chef will prepare your meals in camp that will keep you coming back for more. Our campground is also located smack in the middle of James Marshall Gold Discovery Park, an easy 5-minute walk from any one of our campsites or luxury riverside cabins.
We offer you a quality experience at an exceptional value...
- Outstanding safety record since 1980.
- Professional Guides: The most experienced and most qualified Class 5 Raft Guides in Coloma. Hailing from all over the US, New Zealand, England, Denmark, Costa Rica & India.
- Life Jackets are Comfortable, Coast Guard-approved Type 5 Commercial Jackets.
- Helmets are provided and are required on all trips. Rocks are hard at high and low flows.
- Certified Guides are CPR, First Aid, Swiftwater Rescue Certified at a Minimum. Most are First Responders and carry Advanced River Rescue Certifications.
- Satellite Phones, Cell Phones & 2 Way Radios are carried on trips.
- Wetsuits, Thermals, Splash Top, Booties – Free on all Class 5 trips and available to rent.
- High-tech, custom-designed self-bailing rafts. Custom built and rigged just for our rivers. Our rafts are super tough, durable and considered the standard of the industry.
- We have the newest equipment on the river. All of our rafting equipment is never older than 5 seasons.
- Honda Jet Ski raft tow service at the end of your South Fork trip. No paddle out with a headwind or waiting around for a public tow.
- Friendly, highly experienced and well-trained staff. Our U.S. and international river guides have years of experience in whitewater skills and have the ability to make a river trip a special event in your life. All are friendly, talented, professional people who love river rafting and have a desire to share their love of the outdoors with you. Everyone is ready with a kind word, a helping hand, and is great to be around.
- Camping is FREE the night before one day and most half-day.
- Easy 5-minute walk to James Marshall Gold Discovery State Park where gold was discovered in 1848.
- In-ground swimming pool.
- We now provide FREE Wi-Fi high speed internet service at our campsite reception for all to enjoy.
- Our campsite is just a 2 minute walk from the famous Troublemaker Rapid on the South Fork.
- Flat, grass-covered campsites with picnic tables, benches, split rail fencing and fire pits. Charcoal and propane barbecue rentals are also available.
- Mister system to keep you cool under our dining canopy.
- Firewood available to purchase or you can bring your own.
- Volleyball court.
- Fishing pond stocked with bluegill and bass.
- Horseshoe pits.
- RV spaces available with or without hookups.
- Luxury Riverside Cabins available for rent. Sleep 4-5 Adults.
- River Store for all your last-minute items and souvenirs, including river rafting T-shirts, hats, caps and visors, sweatshirts, river shorts, eyeglass retainers, waterproof cameras, river shoes and much more.
- Professional gourmet cook preparing fresh food daily.
- Exceptional hearty food: Barbecued Steak and Chicken, and Seasoned Fish Dinners.
- Tasty appetizers.
- Premium wine and micro-beers on tap.
- Delicious fresh home made desserts.
- Vegetarian meals upon request and food allergies taken into account.
Your Comfort Is Important
- Free use of thick foam sleeping pads when camping!
- Super-clean modern restroom facilities with multiple hot showers, flush toilets, sinks and electrical outlets. Mirrors too!
- A greeter will meet you upon arrival and help you feel at home.
- No long walks with your camping gear! Your vehicle will be close by. Some sites feature car accessibility at the site.
- 4 person tents. (Set up prior to arrival)
- Cabin tents. (Set up prior to arrival)
- Cots & Chairs
- Local Bed & Breakfast Inns and Motels list available.
- Ice-cold beverages on the bus at take-out.
For Your Trip Memories
- Personalized photographer documents your entire adventure. Photos are taken beginning with the safety talk and continue to the end of your trip. Photos are available for purchase at the completion of your trip.