RESERVATIONS: PLAN EARLY!
We make it easy for you!
1. Select a date. The water flows on the South and Middle Forks are dam controlled so we can guarantee great water through September. The North Fork is not dam controlled so is only runnable in the Spring – April and May and early June.
2. Call toll free to confirm your date. 800-825-3205 or BOOK ONLINE
3. A deposit of $75 per person confirms your space on two day trips, $35 each for one day Middle Fork trips, and $25.00/person for one day South Fork trips. The deposit is due at the time of booking and we accept Discover, Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
4. Reservation confirmation and all trip information will then be sent to you.
5. Final payment is due 30 days prior to the trip. We accept payment by check or credit card.
6. If booking is made inside of the 30 day period, full payment is due at once.
7. Last minute reservations are accepted on all rivers depending on availability. Payment must be by credit card – Visa, MC, American Express or Discover.
CALL TODAY AND RAFT TOMORROW
Contact our office for availability as late as the day before you’d like to raft.
Payment for these trips is credit card only.
A deposit is required per person for all trips to confirm your date and hold your space. The full balance is due 30 days prior to your trip. If your trip is booked less than 30 days from your trip, full payment is required.
- $25 per person deposit for one-day trips
- $75 per person deposit for two-day trips
- $35 per person deposit for one-day Middle Fork trip and one-day North Fork trip
There is a $10.00 per transfer processing fee if you change your trip date once payment has been received. There are no transfers on the South Fork within two weeks of your trip date, or on the Middle Fork within 30 days. After a transfer, no trip credits will be given for a cancellation.
Your reservation is a special commitment for you as well as American Whitewater. Once your space is confirmed, other clients are turned away.
THERE ARE NO CASH REFUNDS
If you need to cancel a trip you will receive credit for a future raft trip with American Whitewater Expeditions as follows:
- 90 days or more before the trip: 100% trip credit
- 60-89 days before the trip: 75% trip credit
- 30-59 days before the trip: 50% trip credit
- 15-29 days before the trip: 25% trip credit
No credit for cancellations made less than 15 days before your trip, This includes no shows.
There will be NO exceptions to this policy. We encourage you to consider trip travel insurance which may protect you in the event you have to cancel your trip.
Come rain, snow, or high water, we almost always run our trips in California. But if there are insufficient reservations, we reserve the right to alter the departure date or place, or to cancel any trip. There will be a full refund for any trip canceled by American Whitewater Expeditions. Our financial liability is limited to the amount paid to American Whitewater Expeditions and shall not cover any other costs incurred by trip members.
GROUP DEPOSITS & PAYMENTS
Large group deposits vary based on group size. Group organizers are responsible for collecting all payments and submitting them on one check. Please contact us at 800-825-3205.
TRIP TRAVEL INSURANCE
Low-cost travel insurance is highly recommended and provides emergency evacuation, medical, baggage, and trip cancellation protection. Policies are available from your travel agent or Allianz Global Assistance, a world leader in travel insurance and assistance services.
Water flows in the South Fork American River and Middle Fork result from releases from hydroelectric facilities located upstream. Such water releases are not subject to the control of El Dorado County or commercial rafting companies operating under permits from the County of El Dorado.
- South Fork of the American River Flows
- Middle Fork of the American River Flows
- North Fork of the American River Flows